Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!  We did!  It was a great week!  Luckily, a few of my friends' parents still live here, so I get to see them when they come home for the holidays.  The derricks downtown are still lit up (if you haven't been in town during Christmas, you should stop by on your way to Dallas or Shreveport), so we can still see the stars on top when we are coming home from Longview on the loop!  You might think it's hokey, but I love it.  We celebrated with Shawn's family on Christmas Eve and mine on Christmas Day.  I got to brush up on my pistol shooting skills on Christmas Day at the farm :)  This was a techy Christmas for me...Nook tablet and an iPhone (I've already read 3 books on my Nook and have 2 more in waiting...Shawn says it will end up costing a fortune because I will buy and read more books than before because they are such easy access!)  I wish I were one to make New Year's resolutions (never have, and likely, never will), but if I want to change something about my life I don't need the motivation of January 1st to do it.  I exercise year-round and do my best to eat properly, which are the most popular ones it seems, so all the "New Year's Resolution" headlines and tips on the news sites make me laugh and wonder why people can't make the decision to better themselves in June or October...I'm not judging, just wondering.  Glad people are making good decisions for themselves, even if they seem to think it can only be done in January.  The worst part about it will be how PACKED the gym stays during January and February until people fall off the wagon and we regulars can stop battling for treadmills and weights. 


 Ellie wants to help/play too...

No comments: