Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Crazy?

Most other teachers think I'm absolutely nuts for sponsoring 2 campus organizations, but I really like it!  Yes, it's always busy, stressful, and lots of work...but where would we be in life without some hard work?  At least in this case the kids benefit, the community benefits, and I enjoy it.  Homecoming is over, but StuCo's work at football games is never done!  Here's some of my wonderful StuCo girls participating in Friendship Exchange Friday night with Marshall...








I'm especially excited for our upcoming events: Kick Hunger's CAN canned food drive, Toys for Tots, and we will be participating in a HUGE USO fundraiser with a neighboring high school called "Where Were You in '42?"  It's a 40's themed USO show with swing dancing, latin dancing, waltz, singing songs from the 40's, 40's style costumes and make-up and hair...the kids are so excited!  They will learn dances and perform them at the show and act as waitresses and so on.  If you've ever seen the episode of Gilmore Girls where Rory puts on a Junior League 40's USO show that's exactly what we will be doing!  So exciting!!  Anchor club has all kinds of events coming up too, but our anual Style Show is the biggie!  It's a full show with fashion, beauty pageant, and talent acts-kids dance and sing and do an amazing job.  We started working on it over the summer, but even though it's in Feb. the wheels will really start turning next week!  WooHoo!  It's good to work...at the end of crazy days I always feel like I did something that means something to more people than just me and it's great (as selfish as it sounds)!  Teaching and doing the extras is great...how can you go through life with the attitude "just say no-someone else will do it"??

No comments: