
This is a billboard in Waco, TX in reference to Baylor's threat to sue A&M if they leave the BIG XII and move to the SEC. I'm not sure who's behind it, but it's clever, funny, and perfectly placed...poor Baylor (but not really).
I can't believe it's been 10 years since 9/11. I was a senior in high school sitting in Coach Presley's 1st period Economics class. It was homecoming week and we had been rehearsing our hip hop routine for the pep rally to "Bombs Over Baghdad" for weeks...that was a little creepy. We went ahead and performed it hoping no one would make a big deal about it (it was already tuesday and wednesday and thursday were for field routine rehearsal so we didn't have many options). This morning while I was getting ready for church they replayed the live news broadcast from NBC aired that morning. It was a little creepy watching it because I watched the same thing 10 years ago, but thought it was some terrible accident (like the news anchors and most others) but found out later in the day it was a terrorist attack. I had a new word added to my vocabulary-terrorist.

No comments:
Post a Comment