Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mini Crimper

Before we talk about the wonder that is the mini-crimper, here's a link to the fires in the area.  We've had some new ones spark today close to us.  When I woke up this morning it was so bad (it was bad yesterday all day too) that the inside of our house was smoky and our grill/patio furniture/patio had so much ash it looked like snow.  It's insane around here with all these fires.  Kilgore seems like it's completely surrounded (which, I guess it really kind of is...) by fire.  I'm starting to wonder if these fires are ever going to get put out...just waiting to see if we have to evacuate and wondering where we will evacuate to since all of east Texas is on fire.  We got a lot of high winds from tropical storm Lee, but no rain and that's what got all of these started.  Power lines were blown down by strong winds causing fires to start up...some cases were human stupidity, but several were from downed power lines.  It's a chilling feeling hoping you don't come home from work to flames in your back yard working towards your house (that happened to some of my friends who were out of town and came home sunday to their land burning) and knowing there are multiple fires surrounding your house within 2-10 miles.  City limits means nothing to fire, so we've come to realize.  Say a prayer for all of us in the eastern portion of texas...

Yes, a mini crimper.  You need one.  Really.  I'm not saying to flashback and 80's your hair to death...unless it's a themed day or that's just your style =)  It works wonders for root volume.  So much better than sprays, gels, mists, mousses, powders, flipping your head over, and so forth.  Don't use it at the roots on your top layer of hair, of course.  Crimp the roots at your scalp of the 2nd/3rd layers of your hair around the crown and you will have perfect volume at the roots without the greasy, weird, crunchy, whatever feeling the other stuff gives you.  Straighten then crimp, crimp then give yourself loose curls, crimp then wave...why hasn't the mini crimper been a bigger deal in the last 10 years? 

I haven't tried this one, but I kinda want to...for waves, obviously, not crimping!

No comments: