Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Post Grad

Thanks to Meghan's great inside info (she saw the book on the shelf somewhere else...I thought it was only a movie), I just spent the last 243 pages laughing! Even though its a novel based on a screenplay I have to give it credit for holding it's own. All I did was laugh out loud (sometimes until I cried), which I needed after reading My Sister's Keeper and April and Oliver (both really good books, but so heavy). This is one case where I think the book and movie will be equally good (I normally don't read stuff "based on the movie" but this was actually good)! There shouldn't be the same let down that came with My Sister's Keeper. Any book that involves:
"Guess who killed your cat today, doo-da, doo-da, guess who killed your cat today, oh doo-da day!" must be funny, right? It also just tackles the whole thing after you graduate from college with a sense of humor, which is hard to do when you are the one going through it. She is an educated, intelligent, young woman who employers won't give a chance for a string of lame reasons (which is the case 90% of the time in reality), so she is ready to take ANYTHING that pays (been there, done that) because of so much pressure from herself and her family (double been there, done that). This has been added to my list of movies coming out this summer that I have to see, which keeps getting longer and longer! Ice Age 3 is on the agenda this weekend and Harry Potter next weekend. I can't believe Harry Potter comes out in one week (thank goodness it's on a wednesday...hopefully the crowds will be a little thinner by the weekend)! I've been looking forward to it since last summer when it was supposed to come out in November and it was changed to Juy and I was so mad!

Anywho...my movie list consists of (don't judge!):
*Ice Age 3
*Harry Potter
*Post Grad
*I Love You, Beth Cooper
*The Time Traveler's Wife (even though I wasn't into the book)
*Taking Woodstock
*The Lovely Bones
*Love Happens

Now I'm reading Dead Until Dark (part of the Sookie Stackhouse series...little detour from the planned list...need another light one). I think True Blood on HBO is based on these books (the first season is based on the first book), but I've never watched the series.

No comments: