Thursday, February 25, 2010

Warm Weather is on the Horizon...I hope

March starts on Monday. In my book, that means outside temperatures below 80*F will no longer be acceptable until November. I'm over Winter. I was over Winter in October. Hot weather and daylight savings time need to be here sooner than later...preferably, sooner than soon (if that makes sense...it does to me). I wish I were going to have somewhere to wear a swimsuit soon...I'm not like Sookie Stackhouse (ie-I can't hang out in a swimsuit outside when it's 65*...read the books if you don't get me particularly books 8 & 9). I found a couple of cute swimsuits, but I don't buy swimsuits unless they are on clearance...maybe in August or September. I really like this one and this one. However, this one leaves me baffled. Who could honestly wear that thing and live to tell about it? I've never actually bought clothes from Victoria's Secret, but I might have to get this dress. I don't think I can wait for it to go on sale either, but I have a feeling I will have to restrain myself. According to the joy killers-aka weather men-this El Nino weather pattern will keep our spring cooler than usual. If I could, I would move somewhere that winter only exists in the sense that the calendar passes through the months of Dec-Feb while feeling like mid-June. I don't know how I made it through the winter months before without auto-start on my car. It's so nice to get into a warm car on cold mornings that's running without having to step out the front door to get started. So, I only have two requests (as of now): 1. to skip early springy weather and go straight to early summer weather & 2. for Victoria's Secret to put their new stuff on sale soon. Disclaimer: I'm aware there are bigger problems in the world and these are ridiculous and frivilous requests....and I would be immediately disqualified from the beauty pageant for these remarks (luckily, I've never been in a pageant and never will be...for obvious reasons). =)

No comments: