"Too short" is the phrase that applies to the shorts most people (mostly women...can't justify saying ladies in this case) wear. If I can see your pockets peeking out from under the front legs of your shorts, they are too short. Super short shorts are not flattering on anyone (I don't care how twiggy and tan you are)...especially people with insanely long bird legs. I'm not criticizing the bird legged people out there...you can wear things better than those with "athletic" or "normal" legs can in some cases (just not this one). Kind of like if you can be ready to go in 15 minutes or less you probably shouldn't be leaving the house at all (G.R.I.T.S.), you probably shouldn't be leaving the house wearing those shorts if:
-you feel a breeze on your rear
-your boy brief panties hang out the back of your shorts
-your pockets show in the front
-the in-seam is non-existent
-you need a bikini wax in preparation for wearing said shorts
-you are 50 and raided your 14 year old's closet
And the list could go on. The temperature crept above 60*F, so the short offenders were out in force saturday. I bought a pair of shorts saturday, but they are "boyfriend cut" and hit just above my knee, so they verge on being Bermuda. I think they are quite nice, but the short-shorters out there might disagree. I'm so glad you can get shorts with an inseam greater than 1.5 inches without looking like a great-granny on the way to the pharmacy now. Where are the fashion police when you need them?
Park City Utah
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment