While in New York we saw 2 Broadway shows...Wicked and Billy Elliot! I've seen Wicked twice before, so I knew I would absolutely love it. This was my first time to see Billy Elliot and it was amazing...I keep going back and forth about whether or not I want to get the soundtrack. We all know I listen to the Wicked soundtrack multiple times each day, so Billy Elliot would mix it up some. It's not a show appropriate for kids under 16 (and oddly enough, the majority of the cast was under 12), but it was sooooo good. Great dancing, great music, great acting....and incredible set design! For scene changes the kitchen table would come out of the floor, Billy's bedroom (an upstairs room) would rise out of the floor (sometimes just his bed, sometimes the stairs and all), the walls of the gym would move in and out, and so on. I was amazed at how many times the set changed right before our eyes! If it goes on tour or you are in NYC, you should see it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment