Call me cheap, but I just made my own sea salt surf spray for my hair. John Frieda doesn't make the Beach Blonde Surf Spray anymore, and I'm not willing to dish out $24 for the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray. The recipes online are pretty consistent and most have pretty good reviews, so hopefully it will do what I want it to. If you want to make your own....just get a clean 8-10 oz spray bottle (I bought cheap detangler and dumped it out because I couldn't find a bottle), add 1 tsp of sea salt per oz, 1 tsp of coconut (or whatever) conditioner, 1 tsp of hair gel and shake. Some try to get fancy and add essential oils, but I think I can live without that part. My hair has a lot of natural wave to it, but I don't like to actually curl my hair (I will do loose curls, but I prefer for it to be wavy if I'm doing something other than straight). From what I've read online, you can spray this stuff on your wet hair and let it air-dry (or dry with a diffuser) or you can spray it on dry hair and braid it and twist it and let it dry and take the braids and twists out. I will probably try it on wet hair since that's how I always used the Beach Blonde stuff and it worked well. If it doesn't work how I want the first time, I will just have to play around with it to see if I can change up the recipe and make it work. I guess if worst comes to worst, I will just have to hunt a little harder for a spray in a store cheaper than Bumble & Bumble (I've always wanted to try their products, but I'm just not willing to spend that much on them). If you know of something better I can use, please let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment