Kilgore has been trying hard for the last few years to increase our tourism industry. Participating in the holiday Tour of Lights stuff has been one of their greatest efforts. It makes it nice for those of us who live here to have a nice town, but I just don't know if Kilgore will ever be the tourism hotspot they want us to be. If their (the city officials) plan ever actually worked and we did actually have a real tourism industry, I'm not sure if I would be too crazy about it. I kinda like being secluded and off the beaten path (or a little off of I-20...whatever). I don't know if I would like to share our little town with a bunch of strangers who might harshly criticize us. People who live here are critical of Kilgore, but it's different...when outsiders start saying negative things it stings a little more. Here's a little taste of Kilgore at Christmas....
We had an Art Walk?
And of course, what would Kilgore be without the football halftime show? =) The only reason Monnica and I go to games!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment