So, after my lovely hip surgery in November I'm back to running! Well, really I've been back to running since January 1. I had a post-op appt Dec. 31 and the doc said I was good to start working my way back to running. I missed it. I've never appreciated running so much...it's been a year long ordeal to get the granny hip fixed. Before the hip business I would sometimes slack or just skip running for later, but now I think about going, think about how great it is while runnin, and think about how great I feel afterwards. Don't get me wrong, I still have some pain here and there, but nothing like before! I'm up to 5 miles right now and the hip doesn't make me feel like I'm on death's doorstep. I let it go for so long I wouldn't be able to walk off the treadmill after running 1 mile or less. When it got to the point to where I couldn't just stand up and walk from eating, working at my desk, etc. I decided I should go to the doc. Of course, it was misdiagnosed as bursitis in March/April and treated as bursitis until August when I said nothing was helping and she finally sent me back to the Orthopedic folks who fixed my ankle. After looking at the pictures of the inside of my hip from the surgery it makes perfect sense why my hip hurt sooooo badly! Check out the video to see what I had done....
Park City Utah
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment