Saturday, April 2, 2011

Anniversary

Our anniversary was actually March 31, but I've been so busy I really haven't had a chance to keep up with anything outside of work lately.  Anywho, we've been married for 4 years...I can't believe it!  I wasn't a high maintenance bride at all.  I bought the first dress I tried on, I picked bridesmaid's dresses within a couple of hours, I told the planner/florist I wanted all tulips however she wanted to arrange them, I picked the wedding cake from a gallery online and never thought twice about it, I picked the groom's cake from a book in 5 minutes, and when it came to the menu I asked "do you still have Laura's menu?...Good.  Then I'll take that."  I lived in Houston and was planning a wedding 3.5 hours north, so I guess I didn't have the luxury of being high maintenance.  But at the same time, I really wasn't concerned about it.  I picked the simplest invitations available (I hate gaudy) and mailed those out.  Throughout the whole process I kept thinking "shouldn't I be a stressed out wreck?", but I wasn't.  I don't understand that whole "bridezilla" thing because I wasn't one and none of my bride-to-be friends have been one.  I guess I also knew (in the back of my mind) that no one would remember the tiny details in 5 years, so why stress over it?  Maybe I should have been more stressed....oh, well! =) 




No comments: