skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Guilty Pleasure
Mtv in general is a guilty pleasure, but 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom are particularly my Mtv guilty pleasures. It used to be The Hills, but it's gotten a little trashier (as has Mtv in general) recently therefore making it a REALLY guilty pleasure. I don't know why I watch it...haha! Yes, I do...I watch it to say "Oh my gosh!" "How dumb can one teenage girl be?", "Are you kidding me?", "No way!", "She really should've been more careful about who she procreated with...and when." etc., etc. I'm not sure if the show is having the impact on teen girls Mtv planned. I don't see any girls in the high school where I teach learning from the mistakes of these girls (did anyone else notice how many were from Texas this season, but maybe I just noticed because I'm from Texas...). Instead, they are just popping out the 2nd and 3rd ones at the ripe old age of 17. However, for some reason they are in disbelief and disgusted that I'm 26 without children! When they tell me they are having their second so matter-of-factly, I can't help but wonder "Don't you remember how that happened the first time? You figured that out....right?" When they are pulling sonogram pictures out of My Little Pony backpacks I think it says a lot about the season of life they are/will be in to have their child. I can only sympathize in cases of rape, for the rest-hello, abstain or at least use some form of birth control.
No comments:
Post a Comment