Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nike+

I'm not usually one for wearing Nikes to run.  I'm more of an Asics fan, but this time I had to randomly buy a pair of Nike+ shoes because Shawn and I got the Nike+ run tracker bands.  What's the point of having the band if you don't have the shoes it works with (there's a compartment in the sole of the shoe for the sensor)?  Last night I ran in my Zumba Adidas, and it was a surprisingly pleasant 5K (I decided to just do a 5K route so I wouldn't be tempted to compete with myself and end up hurting myself in case the shoes sucked to run in)...they are actually for running, but are light weight and flexible enough to be good Zumba shoes.  When I picked out some compatible shoes today I spent a good hour trying to find acceptable shoes...like I said, I'm not a huge fan of Nike shoes.  I only wear the Nike Tempo track shorts and I love the Nike compression shorts (which reminds me...they say "base layer" b/c they are meant to be worn under clothes, not as your shorts...come on now-they are see-through when they stretch....moving on...), but their shoes are not usually a hit with me.  I'm trying mine out tonight, which means I actually get to track my run!  And put it in the computer!  And start a log!  Until my granny hip needs a break from running for a few days, I get to do the cool stuff!  Shawn rarely buys Nikes too (he likes Saucony's), but he bought a pair of Nikes too (the whole reason for us getting the Nike bands for running) and seems to like them.  Maybe Nike is upping their game to actually bring a little more quality to their shoes.  Asics are still my favorite, but I'm willing to branch out as long as I still have my pair of asics I can go back to every now and then!  Anywho, happy trails!  =) 

No comments: