Friday, June 10, 2011

Workout Attire

I have to wonder what some girls are thinking when they walk out the door to workout.  Surely they couldn't think those shorts with their booty barely covered and the sports bra with no t-shirt showing their business to everyone was a good idea.  Especially when they have absolutely NO business wearing the barely there shorts and no t-shirt in the first place.  You are assaulting everyone's eyes!  I'm far from perfect, believe me, but I keep myself appropriately covered when working out....usually with the Nike tempo track shorts and a t-shirt.  This also brings me to another point...if you ever thought you might benefit from a sports bra, wear one.  Not only for your own comfort, but to avoid looking disgusting while you run (or whatever you do).  If it's attention you are looking for, you aren't attracting positive attention with your lack of a sports bra (and in some cases, lack of a bra altogether).  You also don't want to over-stretch your mammary suspensory ligament and cause the girls to sag to your knees by the time you are 35...after it's stretched, it doesn't spring back.  I get the whole "love your body.  be comfortable in your own skin" thing, but you can do those things while clothed!  I think this might be an instance where the Dove campaign for real beauty may have backfired...

No comments: