Friday, April 10, 2009

Antiques

I love all things antique....well, nicely kept up antiques. Especially furniture and china. I would much rather piece together a room from an antique store than buy a floor set from a furniture store (even though they always look so nice, but that's just not me). Too bad nice antiques in good shape are so expensive. I also like buying stuff that looks vintage, which is easier than hunting through massive amounts of antique stores only to come up empty handed or find what you want for way too much. I love color. Antiques usually have the best color combinations and colors, period. French blue, dark red, sage green, and golden yellow are my favorites. I'm currently on the prowl for old wood framed windows or old barn windows (wood frame, of course) to hang on an empty wall in our bedroom and in the space by the thermostat in the hall. I have a mirror that looks like a window, and I love it! Why not use real windows? For some reason, my mom and others are surprised by my taste. Have a Happy Easter! It's a sunny Good Friday....hope it's a sunny Easter!



downtown...hope they don't mess up any of the tile work on the buildings with all their construction.

Another great wall

by the railroad tracks and the depot

No comments: