Monday, April 13, 2009

Bye Bye Jeep

Today I went to the salvage yard (just the thought of my poor little jeep even being in a place called a "salvage yard" kills me) to get the last few CD's out of the dash and disc changer under the seat. I had no idea that this is techinically where cars go before they are good for nothing but demolition. When the forklift brought my jeep to the office (yes, a forklift) it really bothered me that they had crushed my poor little jeep even more to fit in it's "lot" and to properly fit on a forklift. There is no reason this should make me almost cry...this is a vehicle, an inanimate object, no nerves, no body systems....just a hunk of metal and rubber. My Texas A&M sticker on the back and the metal A&M emblem are now just random stuff on a car in a salvage yard and no longer personally attached to me. The license plates have been removed and pink and yellow chalk writing is all over the windows indentifying it as an "06 Jeep Grand Cherokee" brought in by "State Farm Insurance on 4/8/09" and other letters and numbers identifying it's final resting place in the yard....sad. While I was getting my CD's out of my jeep I did find something interesting and a little funny....a dead fish (looked like a minnow) in the cup holder. I spent a while trying to figure out how on earth a dead fish would have made its way into the cup holder....strange. I told Shawn about it, and he said he also saw one in the backseat when we went to the initial place it was towed. He thinks they have been there the entire time I've had it and the wreck just knocked them out of wherever they were. On the bright (or as bright as you can make it when you consider having to buy and new vehicle when the other one was almost paid for) side, I stopped by a Nissan dealer and checked out a Pathfinder this afternoon. It looks nice inside and it was comfortable to sit in. I think that's the type of vehicle I would like to get, but I will have to test drive it sometime....I'll let you know.

No comments: