Since I was about 4 or 5 I've had the philosophy that if you have to wear a band-aid, it should be as festive as possible. Luckily, I've never grown out of this philosophy and resorted to using boring, flesh-colored band-aids. Hello Kitty, Barbie, rainbows, Dora the Explorer, Scooby Doo, and so on are much better choices. If you have to wear a band-aid, chances are you are hurt (unless you are or were a child like me who used band-aids on occassion to accessorize)....if you have to be hurt, you might as well have a little fun with it. I am currently wearing a Hello Kitty band-aid thanks to the fall I took at a softball game last week, and I must say that knowing my band-aid is festive makes me feel better about wearing it and my scrape doesn't hurt so much (okay, maybe not the second one, but the first one for sure). My lovely band-aid was pointed out to me last night in an attempt, I'm sure, to make fun....luckily, I love my festive band-aids and will proudly tell you that I don't wear flesh-colored band-aids. Come on now, just because someone is 25 doesn't mean they can't enjoy the small, child-like things in life. When I have my blood taken I get especially excited when they wrap my elbow with neon colored stretchy stuff!!! Live a little! Add a little color to your life! If you don't chose to do so, at least don't make fun of those who do (even if you do, chances are they really won't care and just consider your taste boring and adult).
Random side note....at last night's softball game my name was Stephanie on the roster for some legitimate reason that I don't really remember. Being a Stephanie was weird....
Park City Utah
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment