Thursday, April 30, 2009

When It Rains

....it pours. Figuratively and literally. We are getting some more much needed rain in the area this week....and a lot of it! Hopefully this rain will help my flowers and azaleas to have a good jumping off point for the hot, dry summer. Last summer my poor little azaleas were thirsty plants, and we suffered a fatality...luckily it was one at the very end of the house (it's stayed in the ground though b/c I still have hope). I'm really hoping to have a pretty yard (front and back) with lots of pretty flowers this summer....especially sunflowers and daisies! Honeysuckle and jasmine are growing on the back side of the fence (hope the ppl back there don't cut it down), so our backyard smells amazing when the wind picks up the scents of those and the freesia on the porch. I'm just ready for summer all the way around. On the figurative side of raining...I've had 2 good interviews in 2 days....and a whole mess of problems associated with that ridiculous wreck (again, not my fault and the issues aren't health related). I interviewed to teach physics and chemistry at one school and biology and A&P at another....hopefully one will work out, but you never know. However the cookie crumbles, hope it's in my favor somehow. Goodness...this April has been one long month! Good news about summer work though...I found something that I think will really be fun!

No comments: