Thursday, April 9, 2009

Frustration

The same thing has been frustrating me since the day I graduated from college (well, actually before I graduated). Now, it's coming back again. I'm starting to think college and getting certified to teach were pointless and fruitless acts. Apparently, you will only be considered if you are 45 with 20 years of experience....but how do you get the 20 years of experience when no one will give you a chance...catch 22. I'm fed up with it and ready to go into business for myself. Bookstore, Dance Boutique, Children's Clothing Boutique, Dance Studio....something I enjoy. I suppose the 50 year old administrators doing the hiring have forgotten they were trying to start out once too. Simply because I don' have 20 years of experience does not mean I'm not capable....I could be a drill team director and dance teacher without 20 years of experience-I understand how it works and I can put some problem solving skills to use. I've applied to 15 school districts (literally), and nothing. I know it's still early, but if the jobs are posted at least start the hiring process. I'm starting to wonder how anyone under 30 has a teaching job......oh, yeah-nepotism. On a brighter note, it looks like Easter will be warm! Hopefully the cold weather is gone until December! I don't know what I would do if I lived any further north than where I do.....I would never make it!

No comments: