Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Planner

I am a planner. I don 't think it's a bad thing at all. Some say it makes me a stick in the mud, but I don't like surprises-even if they are good. I like to know what I will be doing saturday night by wednesday afternoon. I schedule doctor's appt's far in advance b/c I don't like to scramble around at the last minute....same for hair appointments and anything else that requires an appointment. While sitting in the doctor's office today I realized that if I weren't such a planner several things wouldn't stress me out so much at all. Of course you say "well duh," but as I was looking around the doctor's office waiting room I realized that being an overly stressed planner person (even in the teenage years) pays off. I'm assuming the 17 year old who looked like her baby was about to burst out of her stomach didn't plan to be in that situation.....I think in such a case a naive nature or irresponsibility may be to blame over not planning, but I know that (even at 25 and married) if I had an unplanned baby I would be an absolute wreck probably until the 7th month. It wouldn't really be such a bad event at this point in my life, but the lack of planning for it would overshadow the joy that should be there. I looked at how anal I must have looked sitting in the waiting room....I had a list of questions, all those dates you are supposed to be able to rattle off at the drop of a hat, copies of all recent lab results from other doctors, 2 copies of my appt registration form....one with a typed "signature" and the other with actual signatures, and my check already filled out ready to write in an amount. Who can make it to and through a doctor's appt without adequate planning...the second the doc walks in you have to be ready to present your case before they run away from you (especially at the ob/gyn....if you aren't a pregnant lady you are considered a commoner of the court while all those "with child" are queens, princesses, and duchesses)!!

No comments: