Saturday, May 28, 2011

Vacation!

We just booked our summer vacation!  Yay!  We are going to Key West, Florida.  The resort we are staying at is a historical marker-1920's hotel (renovated, of course) within walking distance of restaurants and shopping and on a private beach...the Casa Marina (a Waldorf Astoria Resort).  The pictures look beautiful and it sounds like there's lots to do there!  The only parts that make me nervous are: 1) hurricane season & 2) the turboprop plane that will take us from Miami to Key West.  I'm already NOT a fan of flying, but factor in a tiny plane with front propellers and I will really have flight anxiety!  I can't wait!  Hurricanes better stay far, far away.  I will probably check the National Hurricane Center map obsessively like I did last summer before we went to the Dominican (and while we were en route and there).  Can't wait to spend a few days here...





No comments: