Monday, July 4, 2011

90's Disney Channel

Disney needs to come up with some kind of  "90's & Early 2000's Disney Channel" airing only the shows from that time frame.  Those were the best shows!  What happened to Disney Channel?  Don't get me wrong, I love Wizards of Waverly Place...and that's about it.  Even the early 2000's stuff was pretty good.  Their Disney Channel Original Movies are even sub-par (can I blame the Jonas Brothers??  Please??  Ok...).  I want Tales from Avonlea/Road to Avonlea, Ocean Girl (love the Aussies), Under the Umbrella Tree, Bear in the Big Blue House (watched it every morning before school...in high school and college), Rolie Polie Olie (it came on after Bear in the Big Blue House), PB&J Otter (it was a morning show in high school too...), Brink!, Even Stevens (classic Shia LeBeouf), Flash Forward, Lizzie McGuire, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, DuckTales, Adventures in Wonderland, Paddington Bear, Stanley, The Torkelson's     
...and the list goes on!  I've hunted and hunted for Road to Avonlea/Tales from Avonlea and The Torkelson's on DVD, but I have yet to find them.  I find where they are listed at Barnes & Noble.com and Amazon and Best Buy, but they are NEVER in stock to order.  I get so excited when I find them, only to be let down.  The biggest let down comes when I can add it to my cart and it's listed as "back-ordered indefinitely."  My VHS copies of my favorite shows are completely destroyed from being watched so much.  My Nana recorded so many shows for me (especially Winnie the Pooh...there are cases and cases of my shows she recorded for me to watch at their house before bed and during breakfast), but those are so worn out they can't be transfered to DVD.  Come on, Disney...bring the good stuff back somewhere!  I will upgrade my cable package for it.  I will add the 310 channels I don't want/need to get a "90's-00's Disney Channel".  Really.  It was because of the Sunday Disney shows (Flash Forward, Ocean Girl, The Famous Jet Jackson...) that I could go to bed not feeling so crummy about Monday. 

  The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh tv show photo  Adventures in Wonderland tv show photo

No comments: