Yesterday the air conditioner decided to throw in the towel, so our house turned into a sauna. Normally, I'm freezing everywhere I go, so you wouldn't think this would be a big deal....but it was (more for Ellie than me since she wears a fancy fur coat everyday). Anywho, of course Shawn is in North Dakota (he calls our house his vacation home because he spends more time in North Dakota than he does here-really) when this decided to happen, so who's next on my list to the rescue-Daddy! It's probably a good thing Shawn was gone because he would've been more miserable than me. I went to see Monte Carlo with a couple of friends (excellent movie, by the way) and came home to eat dinner and change to go to the track and thought the house felt a little warmer than usual (I normally keep it set at 76-77, you say that's hot, I say it's perfect) but didn't think anything of it. It's been insanely hot here for the last month-month and a half (we've had maybe 2 days it hasn't reached 100+*F, not much of a breeze, and very little rain), so I thought the AC was having trouble keeping up. When I got home from the track it was still like Satan's living room inside. Daddy came over and did some checking out and found that the coils were iced up and called his AC guy to come over this morning. But, the AC guy coming Saturday morning didn't help with Friday night! I had to run to wal-mart and get two more fans to make it. It was so hot Ellie couldn't sleep, and I couldn't sleep because Ellie couldn't sleep. She normally sleeps on my pillow, but I had fans everywhere and she didn't like the fans blowing on her (guess she missed the memo where most dogs like that) so she was all over the place...on the pillow, hide under the covers, get on top of the covers, back on the pillow, push the pillow down to hide between the two, back on top of the covers, under the bed, back on the bed....and so on. The AC guy came early this morning and revived our air conditioner...gave it some go juice, and we were saved from our 18th century (forget 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries-we were way back there in the AC department), pre-ac invention status. Let's hope it never happens again...I like the heat, but I also like for my house to be less than 90*.
No comments:
Post a Comment