Monday, July 18, 2011

StuCo Camp

Here I sit, the chaperone on the boy-girl floor at Student Council Camp for the night.  Let's just say that you haven't lived a truly full and exciting life until you've taken 12 teenagers to a camp where over 200 other teenagers swarm (not to mention the joy of having a junior ladies man in tow-ha!-that's the real entertainment- watching the kids give him a hard time for his massive flirting).  It's double the fun when other adults think you are a camper and try to shove you to the student sessions...ha!  But really, it's fun.  This afternoon was our "free time".  We ate dinner out and started playing soccer outside, but the rain came-typical.  That moved the fun inside-hula hooping and creative games with hula hoops, hallway soccer, keep-away with the soccer ball (another school actually joined in), but when the rain left it was volleyball outside for 3 hours...they had fun and other kids from other schools looked out their windows and came down to join-yeah, my kids are THAT fun.  Other advisors planned fancy outtings to the zoo, mall, movies, etc in Lufkin.  I was afraid my kids would feel cheated, but I really think my kids had just as much fun, if not more fun, than the kids who got the fancy treatment.  The hula hoops were a huge hit (crazy-go figure) and the soccer ball and volleyball were perfect....10 pts for Mrs. Carter!  Now let's see what tomorrow holds...I'm kinda tired just thinking about it-these teenagers apparently don't need sleep! 

No comments: