Monday, June 29, 2009

76 and Rainy

76* F and Rainy....the worst possible combination for a summer day. Number 1.....76 is entirely too cold for summer...we need at least 90*. Number 2....Rain on a summer day? Come on? What the heck do you do? It messed up my humble little plans (I'm all for summer rain at night though). I considered today to be winter weather. Our winters are mild and I know we do get some really cold weather here, but our "winter weather" usually lasts for 2 or 3 weeks at the end of January into the beginning of February (my two least favorite months of the year, but not entirely because of the wintry weather). It's no secret that I hate cold weather and would never survive any further north than Texarkana (and that's pushing it....). If anything, I need to move way down to south Texas (let's not get crazy and think about moving out of Texas....use the resources at hand...i.e.-deep south Texas). Sooooo in other words keep me south of the Mason-Dixie line and in Texas....easy enough. I was one of the people (notice I didn't say "the one"....there were many of us) who carried hoodies everywhere in College Station in July and would leave class still wearing the hoodie without taking it off until we were home (if even then....). When it was 60* outside we were also the ones wearing scarves, gloves, jackets, and hats and scurrying as fast as possible between buildings and wind-shielded areas often wearing rain boots (rain boots were also worn year-round, but that has nothing to do with cold weather....just a side note). Oh, well...there's always tomorrow and hope for a typical summer day! Even with the "cold front" and the rain it brought today I still had to water my azaleas and rose bush....all that misery (too dramatic?) and nothing to show for it (inches of rain meaning I wouldn't have needed to water).
I guess you could call this "reviews":
On another note, we went to see The Proposal! It's the funniest movie I've seen in a very, very long time! It will definitely land in the DVD library when it comes out. My Sister's Keeper gets two thumbs way down (hello, stay closer to the book and include key characters). Princess Protection Program-greatest Disney Channel Original movie in ages and looking forward to the Wizard's of Waverly Place movie (yeah, yeah....you know). Bought The Cake Eaters...great acting, good story, but bad ending...and you have to think about why it's called The Caker Eaters (and don't think Marie Antoinette!)! Now I have to see Harry Potter (I'm pathetically and ridiculously looking forward to it!) and Post Grad. Also, read L.A. Candy-very entertaining, but it's what you expect (no biggie though). Started reading April and Oliver (so far so good). Then comes The Zookeepers Wife (WW II story....based on a true story) and Edith Wharton's Summer (kinda like Kate Chopin's Awakening) and I'm debating reading the Sookie Stackhouse series while I have the time (i.e. before stuff for the new school year gets in gear)! If you've read the Sookie Stackhouse books let me know how you like them please! Hope you had a good Manic Monday =)

No comments: