Last night I watched some pretty crazy stuff on TLC....stuff that completely made me step back and consider the fact that there really are people in the world like this. The first one was about people being pregnant and not knowing. I've heard of this happening on occasions other than this show, but I still think I would look into things if I missed 9 periods. One lady said she was irregular anyway, so she didn't think anything of missing 9....okay, I get it....but after missing a couple you start to feel pretty miserable and the doctor can help. I hear about this type of thing with pre-teens and very young teenagers (so sad...), but I've never heard of a situation like this with an adult. I really think I would know if I were pregnant since I flip out and call the doctor if anything seems slightly off with my body (whether it's happened before or it's a first). Anywho, the second, and by far the most disturbing, was the show about women who didn't know they were having twins. This wasn't disturbing because they didn't know they were having twins (I have heard of women who go to the doc for prenatal care for 9 months who end up having twins b/c one baby did an excellent hiding job), but because of why they didn't know. The lady who had twins in the 70's and didn't know b/c there wasn't the medical technology was totally understandable....she went to a doc, he used the available technology, and an x-ray around 7 or 8 months showed twins....I get it. However, the woman who opted for home water birth with a midwife and the woman who opted for unassisted home birth (ok, really now....at least have a midwife....) and she tracked all of her own prenatal care b/c she didn't like what doctors did. I'm not a fan of home births period (no offense if you are) because there are so many things that could go wrong. I would rather be in a place where there is advanced medical equipment with well trained and educated medical professionals on-site. I know a midwife is trained, but I would rather be in a hospital with a team. After I watched the lady who wanted unassisted home birth deliver two breech twins with only her husband for help, I am now 200% convinced having a baby in a hospital is the way for me (before I was only 100%, now I'm 200%).
On another note, Ellie jumped on a poor baby bird learning to fly last night (we pulled her off immediately...she wasn't trying to hurt it, but she wanted to play) while we were out for a walk. I'm not sure if she or the bird knew what happened. She is starting to bark at what I call "our birds" now....our regulars at the bird feeder, which makes me very unhappy. I have to keep reminding her that birds are our friends, squirrels are the enemy.
Ladies church pool party tonight....I think my version of swimming might be dangling my feet in the pool...haha! Happy Monday!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment