Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pettiskirts and Tutus

If I had a daughter at the moment she would most likely have several pettiskirts and tutus (or if I have one before the next new thing is in). I love these! If I could get away with wearing pettiskirts now, I would....it was much easier to pull off in the 80's when mom dressed me in a few (at least I can still pull off the bubble skirts/dresses mom dressed me in back in the 80's). I especially love pettiskirts when girls wear them with funky tights/leggings and some bright Chuck Taylors....these little girls will grow up to be super fashionistas (hopefully without their own reality show on MTV though). I think the tutus should be left to little, little girls between newborns and 7 (maybe 8....), but I love those too! Soooooo, I don't have kids or know anyone who has a little girl to buy for, but when I googled pettiskirts http://www.oopsydaisybaby.com/ came up and has lots of cute stuff for kids. It's a company out of the Dallas area....everything is bigger and better in Texas =)



so cute with leggings and pink Chuck Taylors!







I also found a petticoat (I wouldn't consider it a pettiskirt, really) for adults like the one from Confessions of a Shopaholic. I like it, but I don't think I could pull it off! This one is at http://www.pettiskirtstyle.com/....this area really needs more boutiques! I'm thinking of making a tutu or coming up with my own pettiskirt for Halloween....so who wants to do Halloween with me this year?!? haha! I think that might be the only way I could wear one out of the 365 days! Happy Thursday!


No comments: