iTunes. Great invention. Dangerous invention. Now I know why I never gave my credit card info to iTunes before. I had to for one, itty, bitty little song this spring to use it in a DVD I made for a friend. The access is too easy. I hear a song I like, I find it on iTunes, I just push the button and BAM....I just paid 99 cents or a 1.29 to own it. It has to stop, but I don't think it will. Since that one little song I actually needed, I've bought about 20 songs. Yes, it's cheaper than buying a whole CD for one song and never listening to any part of the CD other than the one song. See? I sit for ages with iTunes open justifying buying the song. I search, re-search, and search some more trying to determine if I should just download the dang song! Now it's even easier for me to know what song to look for thanks to the touchscreen with full artist and song info in my Jeep. I frequently hit the info button while listening to the radio and take note of the artist and song for the sole purpose of a future purchase and download from iTunes. It's a good thing the current music out isn't too amazing (you know it's true....), otherwise I would have 3x the amount of songs downloaded as I do now. Most of what I download is classic rock and 90's Rock that I love, but my dad didn't have in his CD collection when I added those to my iPod. Which brings me to another point....when will music get back to the good stuff (even just 3 or 4 years ago music was so much better....)? So many rock bands seem to have a Jonas Brothers complex....they are rockers trying to cash in on the boy band followers...please stop that! The Jonas Brothers are the new Hanson (ok, so I thought Hanson was kinda cool...don't judge...you probably did too. But at least Hanson was pop marketing themselves as pop, not rock)....gag (guess I can't say too much considering I've only heard the Jonas Brothers music on Disney, but what I heard was a joke...and they aren't even cute!). Anywho, So You Think You Can Dance? comes on tonight! Yay! I'm babysitting Ross tonight, too...what do you think the chances are that I can convince him to watch SYTYCD? Slim to none, you say? Yeah, I agree! =)
1 comment:
I bought a song yesterday and saw they went up to $1.29I! How dare they!! HA! There are a few good songs these days but not as many as there use to be! I can't stand the jonas brothers!! I have Hanson's last CD they put out. It was a couple of years ago but it was pretty good!! LOL!!
Post a Comment