Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hi. I'm nocturnal.

Ok, maybe not in the actual biological sense...I function and thrive during the days, but I tend to stay up late....guess I'm technically a night owl. Whatever. I'm okay with it....no therapy sessions or support group meetings needed for enjoying staying up late, thanks. Anywho, today was day 2 of "hanging out with a neato kid while providing adult supervision"...something like that. Shawn was off today, so he hung out and provided additional adult supervision. We head to the park to play a little baseball-brought out the bat today- (the kiddo got bored fast) and fly a kite. Really, those of us providing adult supervision flew the kite after a tree ate the kite as soon as the neato kiddo took off with it....have no fear, it was humanely retrieved and perfectly healthy to fly again. No trees or kites were harmed in the removal of the kite from the tree guilty of eating it. I guess the neato kiddo didn't read the part of the package that said to stay away from trees, streets, and powerlines...haha, oh well-could have been worse! He wasn't so into it after that....and Shawn and I always say we need to go fly kites....perfect excuse today!! It wasn't super windy, but our fancy dancy Cars kite made it into the air fairly well. The neato kiddo spent more time sitting on a bench in the shade, a bench in the sun, and standing watching us...sigh...we tried! Next time I think I will just set up a slip-n-slide or spray him with the waterhose for him to have video-game-free fun (I despise video games and can't stand when kids, or my husband for that matter, play them) since the water was such a hit yesterday! Maybe we will give sidewalk chalk a go (I went through buckets of that stuff every month when I was a kid), but I've learned that what I loved is not what he enjoys (i.e. softball/baseball, soccer, kite flying, etc.)! Oh, well...here is a pic of the kite eating tree and my master kite flying skills (I'm thinking of taking up a little corner of the beach doing kite flying shows during the summers, you know 2 or 3 at once that have a choreographed routine....ok, not so much....I'll stick with fighting to get a cheap plastic kite to take flight!).



No comments: