I just finished
The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand (well, sunday actually)! It was a great book...would've been better if I had been on the beach reading it since it's just one of those "beach" books. Anywho, it's another one set in Nantucket (after reading about it, I've decided I have to go there at some point in my life). It's centered around a late 20-something girl (Adrienne), a restaurant, and a mid-30's guy (Thatcher). She (Adrienne) lived her childhood moving from town to town after her mother died and she carried that into adulthood. She's lived and worked in resort towns all over as hotel management and had several bad relationships (each one spurring the next move). The end of a particularly bad relationship is what landed her in Nantucket. She moved to Nantucket without a job and no acquaintances on the island, but happens to meet someone on the ferry (turns out to be a journalist) to the island who points her in the direction of the Blue Bistro. She takes a job at the bistro in a management position and ends up dating her boss. However, the boss (Thatcher) has a very close friendship with Fiona (the chef). Relationships between the 3 unfold and unravel in a twisted and odd way. In the end, Adrienne finds somewhere she fits and somewhere to call home for the first time since her mother died. I didn't care too much for the ending. It didn't have enough closure to end the book. Even though the ending wasn't ideal, you should definitely check it out. I will read more of Elin Hilderbrand's books soon, but next on my list is
Something Borrowed. I don't know anything about it except that a movie is being made of it. I've seen in on shelves for a while now, but didn't give it much thought b/c I associated it with the Shopaholic series (which is not for me) for some reason. After finally reading the synopsis on the back I decided it sounded good. We shall see...and you know I will let you know what I think about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment