I dvr'd the royal wedding so I could watch it when I got home from work. You might think it's all ridiculous and a waste, but I don't. It's not only an exciting event, it's also bringing money into their economy with souvenirs and tourism, it wasn't all paid for with taxpayer money, and it's a happy event in the news to overshadow all the misery for a few hours. It will be back to the depressing news tomorrow, as usual (I'm not that much of a cynic, but sometimes it seems like the only events to make the news are the most horrific). But, for today, things can be happy in one corner of the world. Yes, I know several Brits wag their finger at the whole spectacle, but many don't. Anywho, I posted a clip from my favorite parts! I love the looks they share and the humor! I thought her dress was beautiful. Tasteful, appropriate, classy, and classic. Some of those hats were a little over the top (Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, for example)...makes me glad hats like that aren't the fashion here! And we can't forget what will probably be the new iconic royal wedding picture (of course this is from the Associated Press/Matt Dunham...seeing as how my invitation was lost in the mail and all....it's from the Windsor Knot blog)

...she's 3 and it's probably time for a nap and some peace and quiet.

No comments:
Post a Comment