Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Water for Elephants

Water for Elephants Poster
Shawn and I saw Water for Elephants Saturday night.  It was really great!  As crazy as it sounds-I really loved the elephant, Rosie.  She was the comic relief, and how can you not love a friendly elephant!?!  Hollywood didn't take a wonderful story from a book and ruin it on the big screen (we all know how often this happens).  I was really impressed with how well it followed the book (there were differences, but no deal breakers).  It didn't get the rave reviews it deserved, which goes to show you can't trust a critic's opinion.  I think critics forget the movies are made for common, "non-industry" people who are looking for entertainment instead of technical qualities.  Usually the more critics dislike a movie, the more I like it.  The costumes and make-up were great, the set was great, and the acting was great...all in my non-expert, common movie-goer opinion.

No comments: