It's a story about sisters and mothers and daughters and aunts and nieces (4 women related, in case you were wondering) all brought together by 1 recent tragedy for a summer on Tuckernuck Island (off the coast of Nantucket). They all struggle with their own personal "tragedies" that the recent tragedy brings to the surface. The island itself is a character in the book, which I love when a place is a character! It's not a sad book (don't be fooled by the tragedy business)...it's more about realization and taking control of your own reality and stopping the charade of just "doing what's expected" of you and doing what's in your best interest that will make you happiest. There's a love story mixed in there too, which is always a plus. You just need to read it!! Elin Hilderbrand has written several books about Nantucket. This is my first book of hers to read, but I bought another one of her books so I'll let you know how it is! I have a few others she wrote on my list to read, but I just started Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch this afternoon. It's great so far, so I will give you my mini review when I finish =)
Park City Utah
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment