Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New York!


There are so many things coming up this Spring (fun and not so fun)!  Weddings, TAKS testing, TELPAS rating, Easter, babies, and so on.  But what I'm looking forward to most is going to NEW YORK!  I feel like I'm finally getting my Hi-Stepper senior trip since we were supposed to go when I was a senior in high school, but 9/11 happened and we didn't get to.  I'm going with the Hi-Steppers, so it REALLY feels like it.  Too bad I don't get to take the class at Broadway Dance Studio...oh, well!  I can't wait to shop, sight-see, eat out, and go to a couple of musicals!  We are staying in a hotel in Times Square, so that should be exciting.  I'm a little nervous about taking the subway and getting lost....getting lost in general, whether by foot or subway!  We are seeing:
Wicked the Broadway Musical - Magnet

Billy Elliot the Broadway Musical - Logo Magnet

WICKED! (yea!  my 3rd time and I'm thrilled) and Billy Elliot.  I've heard Billy Elliot is amazing, so I have high expectations!  I hope the weather is good while we are there (no snow, now rain, and remotely warm).  In the past they've had all kinds of crazy weather when they went-last year was massive amounts of rain every day, before that they got stuck in a blizzard.  I can't decide if I want to take my good camera or just my little digial point and shoot...probably my little one for easy transport.  I have to find a cute cross-body bag to function as a purse to take with me...free up my hands and maybe be less accessible to a thief (I dunno, just what I've heard).  I think the rest of this semester will fly by with everything going on.  I can't believe February is half-way over already-yea!!  The weather seems to be Spring-like a little early-thank goodness!!!  =)

No comments: