Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Regis!

I know this is old news, but I just can't believe the time has finally come for ABC to replace Regis Philbin!  How do you replace Regis?!?  Who could Kelly Ripa play off of as well as Regis?  This might seem like small potatoes to you, but this is a big deal to me!  They've thrown around crazy names like Mario Lopez (wonder if he'll ever make it on time..haha, just kidding), Ryan Seacrest (gag), Neil Patrick Harris (double gag on Doogie), Mark Conseulos (yes, Kelly's husband), and so on.  Can they banter?  I'm thinking that's a negatory.  However, when Mark has guest hosted he's done well but the dynamic isn't right for morning tv.  One of the better names on the possibility list was Nick Jonas.  I'm not a Jonas Brothers fan (and who knows if this suggestion is even legitimate), but he could probably banter...maybe??  Whoever takes his place needs to be a little hammy and not so stuffy and stiff.  I'm sure we will spend the next 12 months with triple the number of usual co-hosts floating through looking for someone to replace Regis.  Who knows how it will pan out...Kelly Ripa was a dark horse in the race who came out of nowhere and ended up being great!!

No comments: