Thursday, February 10, 2011

Southern Snow

One of my facebook friends posted this when we had the Arctic snap a week or so ago and I'm just now getting around to posting it.  Those of us in Kilgore involved with Style Show never had that first excitement nor did we get so sick of snow we drooled.  We stayed in a state of panic!  Maybe the 3rd face could be taken as panic (I'll go with it  for my purposes here).  The snow and ice really messed up the flow of plans for our show...friday rehearsals, saturday rehearsals, stage set-up (not to mention I had to pay the florist out of my personal account b/c the school wasn't open to get a check from the activity fund).  Nevermind the art teacher having to finish some of the student projects that were to be used as part of the stage set herself, the 2 of us running the show slipping and sliding to the high school to disarm the building to get the essentials left in our classrooms for the show, and having to make what felt like some kind of mafia deal with the kilgore college police to get in the auditorium just to drop off props to have one less thing to juggle saturday (they wouldn't let us in at our scheduled time saturday anyway...so it was a must)....ohhhhh and the day of school we will have to make up......we just LOVE snow, right?  Normally, I would say "yea, snow" but not when it messes with major events.  Last year we had snow before the show and no electricity (yea for generators), so I guess we were a little better off this year.  Hope you enjoyed your snow day more than I did! =)

No comments: