Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Rashie

Swimsuit season is getting closer and closer.  Last year I gave up on getting a new swimsuit, and this year I don't even plan to try!  I don't know if we will be heading to any beaches this summer like last year, but either way-I will not be searching for a new suit.  I landed on a much better solution last year.  It's one I considered in the past, but never really carried out.  The rashguard...often called the "rashie".  There were so many benefits I never even considered before I actually started wearing them.  My biggest problem is finding swimsuit tops I like.  I haven't figured out yet why swimsuit designers seem to think women prefer to fall out of barely there swimsuit tops.  Here is where the rashguard comes in to play...yeah, you still obviously need a swimsuit top, but it's not the end of the world if it's not perfect because the rashguard covers it up.  You also don't have to worry about getting a sunburn on your back, chest, or shoulders.  You can wear it in the water, it looks cute with any swimsuit bottoms, and you don't have to worry about a wave putting you on display to the world.  Plus, you don't look like some beach-bunny wannabe....in the Dominican I heard people saying "she must surf"-lol, so you look athletic, not like beach decor!  They are becoming more popular for kids for the sun protection factor, but I prefer the rashie for the comfort factor.  It also functions as it's own cover-up.  I always wear boardshorts as my bottom cover-up (which are also great b/c if they are made to get wet and dry quickly), but the rashie eliminates the need for a top cover-up.  Roxy and Billabong both make great rashies and boardshorts...you can get the Blue Crush look without being a legitimate surfer girl =)



No comments: