Well, my friend (the Art teacher) and I gave Zumba a try. We had fun! It was a little awkward because some of our students were in the class with us watching us shake it! Haha! I was just hoping none of my students were outside of the little group exercise room doing their work-out watching. It reminded me why I never like hip-hop and was never any good at it. I've always been a Ballet person, so I work better with structure...from the time I very first started dancing when I was 3 all through my college dance classes, ballet and I got along the best-this free-style movement hip-hop business just feels strange to me. Apparently I have a very rigid upper body carriage, or so I was told. I had fun, but I think it will be more fun for me once I quit trying to have a precise placement for my arms and let my shoulders "un-square". ha! I'll work on that next time! If you haven't tried Zumba, you should give it a go!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment