Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Baby Boom!!!!

I have come to accept that every time I log into facebook I will be greeted with at least 2 people with a status declaring to the facebook world they are pregnant. Ohhhhhh my goodness...it's always wonderful news, but really??? This many people pregnant at one time?!?! I've seen enough sonograms to last me through 3 pregnancies of my own...and I'm not even preggo or planning to be in such a state for at least 3 more years. At least I will know what to expect when I look at my own....black and white fuzz that a medical professional will point and say "there is your baby" while I say "ohhhhhh wow....." while I think "what the heck? there's a baby in that fuzz? oh my gosh, I'm a bad mother already b/c I can't even recognize my own baby!!!" and just keep smiling. Honestly, the 3D/4D whatever ones kind of freak me out.....I know it's b/c I'm "not a mom yet, but when you are it will be beautiful".....well, I hope so! Everything about pregnancy terrifies me...gaining weight, messing up, not being as active as I want, being sick, and the list goes on. I also sleep on my stomach ALWAYS....how will I sleep with a baby in there? I never gave pregnancy too much thought until everyone on facebook got pregnant and started posting pics and sonograms and little pea pod timelines!! Don't get me wrong...I love that friends are having babies and sharing their experience and I love seeing what I might experience, but it also brings pregnancy to a new attainable reality (I'm at an age and point in life where have a baby is socially acceptable and a truly joyous occassion) and it brings a whole new set of fears into my life about pregnancy! Watch me have twins...haha....the doctor would probably have to pick me up off the floor if she told me I was having twins! Well, time for sleep time...on my stomach!!! To all you pregnant ladies out there...congratulations and keep 'em cookin! =)

No comments: