This has to be Taylor Swift's best video ever! I'm not much of a fan of country, but I am a Taylor fan!!!
Moving along, today confirmed that I am not meant to hunt....ever. A poor little wounded squirrel made it's way onto our back porch, and Shawn had to end it's suffering (if you get my drift). I was holding on to Ellie so she wouldn't get out when he opened the door (not really necessary until he actually came to the door to go in or out...she wasn't torn up about it or anything), and I actually got a little teary eyed at the sound of the...well....you know....squirrel misery ending with help. I could never kill a living thing without getting incredibly upset even if it is putting a suffering animal out of it's misery. Target practice is just fine and dandy with me (the target being metal spinny targets or cans, of course). Don't think this means I like squirrels...I still have a deep disdain for them b/c they torture Ellie (perch at the edge of the patio and just stare at her through the french doors until she is body slamming the door trying to get at the squirrel....they perch on the tree trunk just out of her reach and make noises and wiggle their tails at her while she barks and whines and tries to get up the tree...and the list goes on). I loved College Station squirrels, but I guess I never realized how cruel the squirrels around here are!
On a side note, I went to a sweet wedding last night at a little country church (established in 1900 with all the characteristics I wish modern churches had). There was a huge white dog (or a small horse parading as a dog....either one)...I believe it was a Great Pyrenees. Check out the pictures of this dog breed here..... http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/greatpyrenees.htm ....Anywho, it may have been huge, but it was the sweetest dog. The wedding photographer told me his name is Buddy and he never misses a Sunday service...haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment