Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Damage

I'm starting to think I'm now psychologically damaged!! Since that lovely little (or as the trooper called it when I spoke to him about the most recent issue regarding that kid "that really bad one, yeah I remember")wreck I had about a month ago I tense up and get really nervous when I see anyone pulling up to a stop sign or to any point where they plan to pull into traffic. My heart starts to race, I beg the people to please stay where they are, I breathe a little heavier, and just in general get really nervous. When I drive now it seems like everyone is a nut....pulling out at risky times, cutting it too close on an unprotected left turn light, making a left into traffic expecting someone to magically make room....this is ridiculous! Ugh...why couldn't that kid have been paying attention? Why does traffic have to make me nuts now? I've driven down that little road tons of times in the past, so why did it have to fall that one particular day (when I was already stressed out to the absolute max) when I was driving home from taking a huge state test with other things weighing on my mind did the 16 year old have to pick that day to run the stop sign? I had to ride to the ER in the ambulance with them. I wanted to lash out in a mom-like way at them, but I couldn't. We all know I have inappropriate reactions to stressful situations (I seem to remember recovering from surgery about 8 years ago in the hospital and my only concern was what I was going to get my drill team lil sis for Christmas....as I was being taken in to surgery I had my mom call my best friend to make sure she knew we couldn't go shopping that night and why....after another surgery I wanted my wisdom teeth back and I wasn't leaving until I got them....and the list goes on), and this instance was no different. I was dwelling on the fact that I had just gotten new tires, so don't mess them up and I asked the firefighter in a very matter of fact way if he could please get my iPod out of my car before I had to be taken to the hospital.....I'm not really one of those people who say "ohhhh well at least we're all ok". The firefighter and medic said that to me....I wanted to tell them exactly what I thought about the whole situation and the other people involved, but I refrained. To top it all off, the supposedly skilled ER docs and nurses managed to tell me I had a bruise when I had a fracture...thanks to their brilliance I now have a permanently deformed left hand (ok, it's not that bad....but it looks and feels disgusting).

On a lighter note, I love my new Jeep! This new Jeep has completely spoiled me for life, I'm sure. Now that I have all the bells and whistles, I don't think I could ever go back to having a 6 disc changer as the major amenity! Whoever created the Jeep Cherokee Overland has made my list of top 100 people (they aren't even in the top 50, but that's because I have a lot of favorite people)!

No comments: