A drive thru lane at a drive-in....makes perfect sense, right (apparently to someone out there this is reasonable)? I never thought too much about it until I was stuck in a drive-in stall for 10 minutes because the drive thru line was blocking me! Whoever decided Sonic needed a drive thru is not one of my favorite people! Yes, it has been problematic in the past, but never 10 minutes worth of problematic mayhem! And to top it all off, someone was being nice and actually letting me back out (thank you, bless you) but someone else made it impossible for me to turn out of the drive thru line and go on my merry way (thanks a bunch, bucko).....soooooooo I was stuck in the drive thru line for another 5 minutes until I could cut the wheel and high tail it far away from the grounds of Sonic! While a little later down the road.....
....I was stuck at a red light while an obnoxious group of youths (aged 14-24, I'm sure....see previous if you don't get my sarcasm) proceeded to yell and scream and hold signs at my window letting me know they were holding a car wash. Yes, I see you....don't worry. I just don't want my car washed, and I don't want to donate to the cause....thanks. Soooooo.....after the first 5 times you yell it at me, give up! These girls were probably the ones who staked out in front of the grocery store to sell their Girl Scout cookies for days and days (and I love GS cookies, but I don't like feeling obligated to buy 6 boxes just b/c I need groceries).....they are sales reps, lawyers, and IRS workers in training (good job, Moms). Normally I'm not in such close contact with this type of thing. I usually see them standing on the curb, and nothing more. Because of today's event, I vow to never make students hold a car wash as a fundraiser for any organization I am sponsoring. We will find another way to make money. I was sitting at this annoying red light on my way to another annoying event.....
....trying to find a sifter. I'm now 98% positive these are mythical beings invented by cookbook companies to drive undomestic women over the edge. As if the Sonic event and the red light weren't enough....now I'm on a wild goose chase for something I don't even think really exists (at least outside of Wisteria Lane). All I want to do is be a good wife and make my husband a birthday cake from scratch (cake and icing, thank you very much). The hunt for this foreign object is messing up my plans. Three stores later, and still no sifter. What the heck? Luckily, Mom must be in cahoots with the ladies from Wisteria Lane or the Stepford wives because she had one for me to borrow. The mystery is not only where have all the sifters gone, but why must one sift powdered sugar....hmmm.
Highlight of the day: new jeans.
Low point of the highlight: I can't wear them until 4 inches have been taken off.....how on earth is a 35 inch inseam considered standard?
Park City Utah
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment