Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

Let me start by wishing all mom's and mom's-to-be a Happy Mother's Day! I hope y'all have an amazing day! It's too bad it's not a sunny day....maybe the clouds will move out later this afternoon! Anywho, those of you who are moms to little girls...I have some advice for you (it's not really related to mothering at all, so don't flip out on me b/c I'm not a mom....had to tie it in somehow)-explain to your daughter's that the skinny silky (sometimes the clear rubbery stuff) straps/loops on strapless tops and dresses and other tops and dresses that don't have the typical sleeves or wide straps to hang on the hanger are not for wearing!!!! I spent most of church focused on a young girl (probably 16 or 17) sitting infront of me wearing a yellow top with the kind of choker neck (ya know, it's really close to your neck and the tops of your shoulders and upper part of your back is exposed), anyway....she had the loops on her shoulders like they were straps! At first I was thinking "hmmm...that's interesting that there would be straps on a shirt like that", but the more I thought about it and realized where the origin of the straps was....I was shocked! I thought that was common sense, but maybe it's something learned from mom as you grow up. I'm really not sure, but I will pass her fashion faux pas off as mom just didn't educate properly (in honor of the importance of the role of mom in a young girl's life to commemorate mother's day). So you see, my advice has nothing to do with parenting at all and is not a cause to flip out b/c I'm not a mom as I give a little piece of advice. This is really directed to all women of all ages! Respect the fashion....wear it properly....with good shoes....and minimal, yet effective, accessories.....and if it doesn't fit, don't wear it (however harsh that may sound....I have to remind myself of this daily). Anywho, off to sift 9 cups of powdered sugar with the mystical sifter borrowed from Mom....I'll have to channel Bree to make this turn out right!

No comments: