I think I need some kind of special education class for the Bare Minerals make-up. I've watched the DVD that came with the starter kit (as instructed by my magnificently talented super duper hairstylist, Miss Tyler Boaze), read the instructions, looked up tutorials online (I never needed a tutorial for academics, but for make-up I need one...), and so forth and I have come to the conclusion that I am a Bare Minerals make-up dyslexic. I love how it feels on my skin, but I can't make it look natural. I love how it looks on Tyler and other people that I know who use it, but for some reason I just can't mimic them! Maybe my skin is just too bad...I mean, I don't have fantastic skin at all so maybe that's the problem (it's splotchy and fair with a few scars). They make it look so easy to put on, and it should be! It's powder and a brush...it's not like I'm using some kind of professional airbrush make-up they use on models in photoshoots. Maybe I'm just too picky about the end result, but I still think it all goes back to a Bare Minerals learning disability. It's kind of like the smoky eye make-up trend....haha....just ask Meghan about my attempt to give her sexy, smoky eyes. I was fired from wedding make-up artist before I even got the job! On a really good day I can make the smoky eyes thing work on me, but even on my best day I can't make the Bare Minerals make-up look good on me! Maybe I should take a break from it, give us both some space, and re-evaluate in 2 weeks....go back to my usual creamy stuff and pick up the Bare Minerals brush again in 2 weeks. Any skin or make-up experts out there...I'm open to suggestions! I feel so bad for not being able to use it properly....I feel like I've failed my hairdresser as a customer (ok, not so dramatic....but she can use it, why can't I?)! This is beside the point, but I do get really self-conscious when I see any hair or make-up professional out and around b/c I'm not great at doing my hair or making my make-up look spectacular! I'm starting to think I need a new straightner (oops, I'm having an "oohh look, shiny" A.D.D. moment...sorry)....back to make-up. I love the Bare Minerals blush, warmth stuff, and eye shadows, but the foundation is a whole other ball game! I need professional help...professional make-up (and hair, for that matter) help, that is.
1 comment:
I have always thought about getting bare minerals. I would probably be the same way! My makeup regimen consists of pressed powder, mascara and burts bees chapstick. Ha Ha!! Sometimes I put on more but very rarely!! One day I was watching the Today Show and they were talking about Eve Pearl makeup and how she is a 5 time grammy award winner makeup artist!! So I have been debating on getting one of her kits!! She has youtube videos on her website and shows you how to apply the makeup!! They look pretty simple but you know how that goes. I may break down and buy it pretty soon because I am running out of my current makeup but her stuff is just so expensive!!
Post a Comment