Friday, May 15, 2009

C.B.D.S.

Yes, I admit it....I am a C.B.D.S....also known as a Closet Baby Department Shopper. I've tried to keep my guilty pleasure a secret, but it's not so bad to let it out in the open (I suppose). I only go when I'm alone and I never told any of my friends what I did every solo Target trip (hence, the "closet" part of my condition)! I am one of those women you see in the baby department shopping around who doesn't have a baby, isn't expecting a baby, and isn't shopping for a baby shower gift. You may call it pathetic, but I call it being in a hopeful state of mind and planning ahead (we all know how I like a plan). If I'm in Target alone I can't make it out of the store without swinging by the baby department (if I have ppl with me I spare them of the weirdness of my guilty pleasure). All of the new baby toys and gadgets and so forth are just too cool. The Bumbo seats and mobiles and bouncy seats and baby clothes are so much fun to look at! I can't believe how many great choices there are for nursery decorations! When I finally have a reason to buy nursery decorations I will get something that can go for a boy or a girl for practical reasons (that stuff is so expensive and I want baby #2 to be able to use the same thing). I usually look at little boy stuff b/c I have a feeling (and hope) that I have 2 little boys (however, I'm not opposed to a baby girl at all!!)! I must have 2 kiddos b/c growing up as an only child was so boring and just really sucked! I was lucky to have a couple of very close friends (one from kindergarten until now) who were as close to siblings as it got for me. If I'm in Dillards I love to go look at baby and toddler clothes and shoes! When I'm in a baby department I usually try to at least look like I have a reason to be there instead of the childless lady looking at baby stuff that I am. So, the next time all you moms out there are shopping for baby/kid stuff and you see one of us shopping there too just remember we aren't weird, but very hopeful for a real reason to be there sometime in the near future =)

1 comment:

The Dimino's said...

You are too funny!! I have always looked at baby stuff!! All their stuff is way cute!! I think all women that want to have children are like this or I might just be weird too.LOL Since you love baby stuff so much you should start a hope chest!! Oh, if you ever want a baby fix just come on over!!